In addition to the creative hobby, needlework requires the acquisition of various accessories, the arsenal of which grows with the interest in the occupation. Placing all the materials and tools on your desk is not the best option, because over time it will be impossible to find the right thing. In order for your favorite hobby to bring only positive emotions, you should allocate a special place for needlework and equip it with everything you need.
Where to place a creative corner
Before organizing a workplace for creativity, it is necessary to determine how much time will be given to needlework – the location of the “creative corner” depends on this. If practicing embroidery, knitting or painting takes almost all your free time, it is better to allocate a whole room for it. When the hobby can give only a few hours a month, it will be enough to think about the successful organization of all the accessories.
As a rule, the area of modern apartments and houses does not allow a separate office for the place of a needlewoman. What alternatives exist?
- Pantry. To estimate the capacity of the pantry is possible only after getting rid of all unnecessary things that were dusted in it for many years. Then you will need to think about the placement of furniture, as well as all the necessary tools: sewing machine, iron, glue gun. Not only the walls, but also the pantry doors can be equipped under storage – for example, a cork board with buttons will help sketches always remain in sight.
- Balcony. Such an isolated room will be an ideal hobby room, where you can fully concentrate on your work. It is desirable to place the table so that the daylight falls directly on the work area. For convenience, a small cabinet for tools can be installed under the window. It will not be superfluous to complement the walls with hanging storage units, which will help to place small accessories.
- Checkroom. If the dressing room is spacious enough, then you can create a workspace for needlework right in front of the closet. This option is particularly suitable for beginners seamstresses – here will fit a large table with a sewing machine. In addition, the closet can be allocated shelves for fabrics. Provide quick access to the necessary “little things” (pins, needles, thread) will help storage boxes with cells.
If it is still possible to allocate a part of the room for a workshop, it is worth equipping a cabinet as a place to store supplies. An ideal option is a hanging cabinet with a hinged table. The unfolded design will be a full working area with a convenient table and practical storage system, where every thing lies in its place. When folded, all materials and tools for needlework will be safely hidden from prying eyes.
Since needlework requires the use of large sections of fabric and dozens of tools, the table designed to work should be quite wide. However, this does not mean that it can be cluttered with things – it is worth preparing in advance nightstands with functional boxes for small things. The space under the table can be used as storage, but only on condition that it will not interfere with feet.
When equipping a workplace for the needlewoman at home, it is necessary to buy a comfortable chair, corresponding to the height of the mistress. It is mandatory to have a backrest, which will support the spine, and thus reduce the feeling of fatigue in the process of work. By the way, a chair of moderate rigidity will be a great alternative to a regular chair.
How to organize storage areas
To maintain order in the workplace, the needlewoman should think about a practical storage system. Organizer elements are selected depending on the characteristics of the hobby. For example, such types of decorative accessories as buttons, beads and rivets can be placed in glass jars and storage containers – in this case, every little thing will always be in its place. A few more creative ideas for creating an organizer:
- A metal grid is used to place different tools with rails – in this way you can sort threads or fabric by color shades;
- storage box with cells will help to hold all the necessary sewing accessories: needles and pins, scissors and a few skeins of thread (basic colors);
- wicker baskets with compartments are suitable for distribution of fabric and lace ribbons, elastic bands, zippers, measuring tapes and other materials;
- wooden chests are designed to store different fabrics – such storage is compact, so you can safely put them under the table;
- Glass and metal jars, which are usually used in the kitchen to store loose products or candy, are perfect to put there beads, buttons or any other small items. In this case, choose jars with an original design – they are both convenient and beautiful.
In order for the workplace of a creative person to look neat and stylish, it is important to try to decorate it in a single style. All elements should be in harmony with each other not only in color, but also in style – the most appropriate option for the organization of the corner of the needlewoman will be decor in the style of Provence or chic.
Before you start equipping the workplace for needlework, you need to think about the lighting. Ideally, the desk should be placed near a window – it will be a source not only of natural light, but also such a necessary inspiration for the artist. In addition, as a gymnastics for the eyes it will not hurt to be distracted from time to time by the street scenery.
Since many artists prefer to do their favorite thing after work, a bright source of artificial light should be installed. This is especially important if the workplace is placed in a pantry or on a balcony, where additional bulbs are not provided. In this case the best option would be floor lamps with high legs – they will not only replace the overhead light, but also allow you to change the angle of illumination if necessary. A table lamp on a long leg will be just as functional and will cost less, but it will “eat up” the precious space on the table.